Here you will find lots of information about events in Quarteira in central Algarve, Portugal! See when and where the markets are in and around Quarteira, what great annual events take place and when the Algarve bank holidays are so you don't miss out on something or, on a practical note, get caught out by the supermarkets closing.
Algarve Events May & June 2017
***NOT TO BE MISSED: FESTA DA ESPIGA IN SALIR, LOULÉ***
From 25th to 27th May, Salir celebrates another edition of the Festa da Espiga, with a programme filled with culture, sport, food and drink, spread across three themed nights, "Wheat Stalk" (25th, 10am - 2am), "Popular Night" (26th, 2.30pm - 2am) and "Youth's Night" (27th, 2.30pm - 2am).
A little glimpse of some great Algarve events that are coming soon and for more information check out the VisitAlgarve May 2017 Events Guide, or pop into any tourist information office when you get here to make sure you don’t miss out on something!
- Lagos Discoveries Festival "Confluence of Cultures in the West Coast of Africa": 27th of April to 1st May at Praça do Infante and Jardim da Constituição. Step back in time for 4 days of unforgettable majestic entertainment!
- Algarve Nature Week: 5th to 7th of May in Tavira - A fun-packed 3 day programme enjoying outdoor activities and learning all about our wonderful Algarve nature! 10am - 7pm (5th and 7th) 10am - 8pm on the 6th and entrance is free.
- SURF PARTY to celebrate 25 years of The Surf Experience in Lagos: 20th of May '17, 8pm til 1am at Praça Infante Dom Henrique - Live music, BIG party, free entry, NOT TO BE MISSED!
- 55th Portugal Open Golf Tournament: 11th to 14th May '17 at Morgado Golf Resort, Portimão and a landmark pro golf event as the first event of the year on European ground! Daily tickets cost €15 and 4 day tickets €40. For more info check out Open de Portugal!
- Marches Populares in Portimão: 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th June '17 at various locations around Portimão, western Algarve. The traditional parades are all about the community and holidaymakers joining together for bucket loads of fun, with costumes, music and entertainment making a fab night for all!
- Carvoeiro Black & White Night: The Algarve's first big Summer party - 17th June '17 - with a ~20,000 strong crowd partying in the obligatory black and white colours into the wee hours of the morning! The event takes place at Carvoeiro town beach and surrounding streets from 8.30pm and entry is free!
- Feast of Espiga, Festa da Espiga in Salir, Loulé: From 25th to 27th May, Salir celebrates another edition of the Festa da Espiga, with a programme filled with culture, sport and food, spread across three themed nights, "Wheat Stalk" (25th, 10am - 2am), "Popular Night" (26th, 2.30pm - 2am) and "Youth's Night" (27th, 2.30pm - 2am).